SPECIAL COLLECTION AUCTION:
SINGLE-OWNER ESTATE BEATLES COLLECTION
Featuring an excellent, single-owner Estate collection of Beatles vinyl records, 8-track tapes, DVDs & videos, collectibles, merchandise, fan club memorabilia, concert and other posters and prints, press releases and promotional materials, figurines and dolls, models and toys, books, calendars, postcards, trading cards, and greeting cards, photographs, magazines, assorted souvenirs, T-shirts, blankets and rugs, lunchboxes, jewelry and pins, and much more from the Estate of Joel Glazier of Wilmington, DE.
Joel Glazier was a first-generation Beatles fan, collector, and archivist from 1963 until his death in 2017. Although Joel enjoyed everything about the Fab Four, he was most well known in Beatles circles for being a preeminent expert in the “Is Paul Dead?” theory. Joel gave hundreds of lectures throughout the world at universities, libraries, and other gatherings of Beatles fans, and was even featured in the book, “Beatles Forever,” written by his friend Nicholas Schaffner. Joel received his Beatles certification from Oxford University, continuing his pursuit of gaining more knowledge about the Beatles.
This world-class collection is wide-ranging and complex, representing Joel’s interests and personality, and include vintage collectibles to newer items; autographed pieces; the largest Beatles “scrapbook” collection of articles in the world; to numerous unique items, including An original reel of the “Magical Mystery Tour” film, pieces of the original letters from the Abbey Road wall that will appeal to the most discerning Beatles collectors or museums.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
Real-time online only bidding will begin at 9AM on Friday, September 25 on both platforms.
Click logo below to view the auction/bid on each platform:
Buyer’s Premium: 20% (Bid At Briggs) | 25% (Live Auctioneers)
Payment & Merchandise Pickup:
A paid receipt is required for pickup; we are unable to accept payment at pickup.
– Sat. Sept. 26: 9AM – 3PM, no appointment needed.
– Mondays – Fridays: by appointment only (for any prior auction).
Here’s a sneak preview of the auction:
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
This single-owner Special Collections auction is an online only auction. Merchandise pickup will take place at the Briggs Auction Showroom in Garnet Valley, however all bidding will be conducted online.
By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
We thank you for your interest and participation.
- In order to bid in this auction, you must register on either the Bid At Briggs or Live Auctioneers bidding platform directly and may not register in person.
- For Bid At Briggs Bidders: when you register for this auction, you agree to a $1 authorization on the credit card you have on file. This is a hold only, NOT a deposit or charge. This amount will not be held against the invoice total. Please make sure that your credit card information is current, and that the address on your bidder profile is the same address used for your credit card statement.
- Bidders with registrations outside the U.S. agree that submitting their card approves a $1,000 authorization on the card. All authorizations are released within three days of the auction, but availability of funds may take up to 30 days, depending on your card’s terms.
- Bidders with no or limited history with Briggs Auction may be required to provide us with additional information that may include but may not be limited to:
– A valid VISA, MasterCard, or American Express card, and/or a deposit in order to bid.
– A photo or scan of their driver’s license
– A photo or scan of a current utility bill with name and address matching the driver’s license and submitted bidder registration details.
- If you have a tax exemption/resale number, please be sure to inform Briggs Auction before the auction closes, so we can confirm the PA sales tax has been removed from your invoice.
- There will be no live/in-person preview for this auction.
- For additional condition information and/or photos, please contact us:
- This auction will follow the increments below for all bidding for this auction.
- Briggs Auction reserves the right to reject any bid that is off the stated increment.
Bid: $10 – 100; Increment: $10
Bid: $101 – 500; Increment: $25
Bid: $501 – 1,000; Increment: $50
Bid: $1,001 – 2,000; Increment: $100
Bid: $2,001 – 5,000; Increment: $200
Bid: $5,001 – 10,000; Increment: $500
Bid: $10,001 – 20,000; Increment: $1,000
Bid: $20,001 – 50,000; Increment: $2,000
Bid: $50,001 – 100,000; Increment: $5,000
Bid: $100,001 – ; Increment: $10,000
BIDDING / BUYER’S PREMIUM / SALES TAX
- Buyer’s premium: Bid At Briggs – 20% | Live Auctioneers – 25%.
- Online absentee bids will be accepted prior to the auction start time. At 11AM on September 25, the auction will offer real-time online-only bidding.
- Telephone bidding is not available for this auction.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- The Auction record kept by Auctioneer and Clerk is final.
- The highest bidder for each lot shall be the buyer, and if any dispute arises as to any bidding, or between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will have sole discretion to determine the successful bidder
- All PA residents and any bidder who picks up their merchandise in-person are required to pay the PA state sales tax of 6% at the time of pickup, unless they have a valid tax exemption number. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number, and complete our exemption form.
PAYMENT & MERCHANDISE PICKUP /SHIPPING
- Bid At Briggs bidders: your credit card will be billed shortly after the auction closes, and a receipt emailed to you.
- Live Auctioneers bidders: your receipt will be emailed to you after the auction and will include a “Pay Now” button.
- All merchandise pickup requires a paid receipt. We are unable to accept payment at pickup.
- Pickup Hours:
– Saturday, September 26: 9AM – 3PM (no appointment needed).
– Mondays – Fridays: by appointment only.
- All pickups at this time are contactless. Buyers are responsible for packing smaller items, and for bringing help with larger items.
- No item may be removed or will be shipped until full payment of merchandise has been made.
- Bidders who pick up their purchased items in person are responsible for examining all items at the time of pickup and assuring themselves as to condition before removing any item from Briggs Auction, Inc. No item may be returned for condition issues once it has been removed from Briggs Auction, and no refund or merchandise credit will be offered for any item’s condition after it has been picked up and removed by the bidder.
- View our full Merchandise Pickup Procedures.
- Briggs Auction does not ship, however we work with a variety of shippers who can handle anything in the auction. View our Shippers List.
- All shipping, packing, and handling costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Items will only be shipped to the bidder’s registration/billing address.
- Third-party pickups also require advanced scheduling. Please have your shipper contact Briggs Auction to arrange.
- Briggs Auction requires WRITTEN authorization to release merchandise to anyone other than the registered bidder. Please use our Shipping Authorization Form.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to bid according to your own expertise and to request additional condition information and/or photos as needed.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only. Items with power cords are not tested prior to the auction.
- Any condition details listed are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- All items are offered at absolute auction, with no reserves or minimums, unless otherwise specified.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
QUESTIONS? / FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION