SPECIAL COLLECTION AUCTION:
SINGLE-OWNER ESTATE TELEPHONES, PRIMITIVES, AND MORE
Featuring an excellent selection of antique and vintage telephones, including oak wall phones, phone parts, phone collecting reference books, and more, along with a fine assortment of primitives, including oil lamps and clocks; barrister bookcases, and more, from a Marlton, NJ. Estate collection.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2020
Online Only Bidding on Bid At Briggs
Bidding closes at 11AM; Cascade close of 3 lots/minute
Buyer’s Premium: 18%
Payment & Merchandise Pickup:
Your credit card on file will be charged at the end of the auction.
A paid receipt is required for pickup; we are unable to accept payment at pickup
– Thursday, Sept. 17: Noon – 4PM, no appointment needed.
– Saturdays: 9AM – 3PM, no appointment needed.
– Mondays – Fridays: by appointment only
Here’s a sneak preview of the auction:
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
This single-owner Special Collections auction is an online only auction. All bidding will be conducted online. All merchandise pickup will take place at the Briggs Auction Showroom in Garnet Valley.
By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
We thank you for your interest and participation.
- In order to bid in this auction, you must register on the Bid At Briggs online bidding platform directly and may not register in person. Click HERE to view & register for the auction.
- When you register for this auction, you agree to a $1 authorization on the credit card you have on file. This is a hold only, NOT a deposit or charge. This amount will not be held against the invoice total. Please make sure that your credit card information is current, and that the address on your bidder profile is the same address used for your credit card statement.
- Bidders with registrations outside the U.S. agree that submitting their card approves a $1,000 authorization on the card. All authorizations are released within three days of the auction, but availability of funds may take up to 30 days, depending on your card’s terms.
- If you have a tax exemption/resale number, please be sure to inform Briggs Auction before the auction closes, so we can confirm the PA sales tax has been removed from your invoice.
- There will be no live/in-person preview for this auction.
- For additional condition information and/or photos, please contact us:
- All lots start at $1, and then will proceed by the following bid increments:
$1 – $10: Increment: $1
$11 – $100: Increment: $5
$101 – $200: Increment: $10
$201 – $500: Increment: $25
$501 – $1000: Increment: $50
$1001 – $2000: Increment: $100
$2001 – $5000: Increment: $200
BUYER’S PREMIUM / SALES TAX
- The Buyer’s Premium of 18% will be added to each successful bid.
- PA State Sales Tax (6%) will be applied to each sale, including the buyer’s premium, unless exempted by law. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number, and complete our exemption form.
- If you have a tax resale number–even if you’ve given it to us before–please be sure to inform Briggs Auction ahead of time so we can confirm the tax has been removed prior to your credit card being charged.
PAYMENT & MERCHANDISE PICKUP /SHIPPING
- Your credit card will be billed shortly after the auction closes, and a receipt emailed to you.
- Merchandise pickup:
– Thursday, September 17: Noon – 4PM, no appointment needed.
– Saturdays: 9AM – 3PM, no appointment needed.
– Mondays – Fridays: by appointment only.
- All pickups at this time are contactless. Buyers are responsible for packing smaller items, and for bringing help with larger items.
- No item may be removed or will be shipped until full payment of merchandise has been made.
- Bidders who pick up their purchased items in person are responsible for examining all items at the time of pickup and assuring themselves as to condition before removing any item from Briggs Auction, Inc. No item may be returned for condition issues once it has been removed from Briggs Auction, and no refund or merchandise credit will be offered for any item’s condition after it has been picked up and removed by the bidder.
- View our full Merchandise Pickup Procedure.
- Briggs Auction does not ship, however we work with a variety of shippers who can handle anything in the auction. View our Shippers List.
- All shipping, packing, and handling costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Items will only be shipped to the bidder’s registration/billing address.
- Third-party pickups also require advanced scheduling. Please have your shipper contact Briggs Auction to arrange.
- Briggs Auction requires WRITTEN authorization to release merchandise to anyone other than the registered bidder. Please use our Shipping Authorization Form.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to bid according to your own expertise and to request additional condition information and/or photos as needed.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only.
- Any condition details listed are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- All items are offered at absolute auction, with no reserves or minimums, unless otherwise specified.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
QUESTIONS? / FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION