MAKE AN OFFER!
751 Hopkins Bridge Road
Newark, DE 19711
Historic Delaware Home, Lush Verdant Setting
This stately white farmhouse has watched over the White Clay Creek for 176 years. The house has a very special setting with a view overlooking the valley and surrounded on three sides by the White Clay Preserve, a conservation area that connects with extensive natural areas in Delaware, Pennsylvania and Maryland. The deeds of the property are traceable to a land grant of William Penn and its earliest recorded use was the cultivation of hops, hence the name given to it of Hopyard Plantation. The oldest wing of the present house dates to the mid-1700’s while the main house was built in 1843 by Samuel Tyson as shown by an inscription in the cellar.
The white stucco exterior, columned porches and overall proportions of its three stories mark it out as late Federal in style. The Chambers and more recently the Hopkins farmed some 200 acres here until the 1970’s.It is a fine 19th Century survivor with many original features: interior layout, high ceilings, staircases, fireplaces, millwork, hardware, floors and some original windows; but adapted for modern living by improvements and additions in keeping with its period. This home also features a gourmet granite kitchen, beautiful in-ground pool, new roof, new deck, and so much more. A perfect combination of all of the character of an older home with the tastefully updated amenities of a newer home.
We are still accepting offers for this fantastic property. Please contact John Patrick (The John Patrick Team/Keller Williams Realty) at 610.659.1746 to discuss.
Newark, New Castle County, Delaware
Hopkins Estates, in the White Clay Creek Preserve
School District: Christina
PROPERTY and LOT DETAILS
- Year Built: 1843
- 19 Rooms over 3 Levels + Basement, including:
– Living Room
– Dining Room
– 7 Bedrooms
– 3 Full Bathrooms
– 6 Fireplaces
– In-ground Swimming Pool
– Window Air Conditioning Units
– Propane Heat
– On Site Septic
– Well Water
- 5,975 +/- Sq. ft. Living Area
– 4,253 +/- Sq. ft.
– Apx. 0.97 Acres
- Tax Lot: 016
- Tax Assessed Value: $120,900 in Tax Year 2018
- Tax Annual Amount: $4,162 in Tax Year 2018
- Annual County Tax: 1003.00
- Tax ID Number: 08-040.00-016
- This property is sold AS IS, with no warranties or guarantees other than being clear of all liens and encumbrances.
- All information contained on the Briggs Auction, Inc. website, and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the purchase agreement.
- Information contained in advertisements, the Briggs Auction, Inc. website, and any published information is based upon the best information available to Briggs Auction, inc, at the time of preparation.
- Each potential buyer is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspection, investigations, and inquiries concerning the property.
- The information on the Briggs Auction, Inc. website and any published information is subject to verification by all parties relying on it.
- No liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction House
For more information or to make an offer, please contact John Patrick (The John Patrick Team/Keller Williams Realty) at 610-659-1746.