PUBLIC REAL ESTATE AUCTION
SATURDAY, JUNE 22
751 Hopkins Bridge Road
Newark, DE 19711
AUCTION START TIME
Preview and Registration: 11AM
PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE
Tuesday, May 28: 5PM – 8PM
Sunday, June 2: Noon – 2PM
Historic Delaware Home, Lush Verdant Setting
This stately white farmhouse has watched over the White Clay Creek for 176 years. The house has a very special setting with a view overlooking the valley and surrounded on three sides by the White Clay Preserve, a conservation area that connects with extensive natural areas in Delaware, Pennsylvania and Maryland. The deeds of the property are traceable to a land grant of William Penn and its earliest recorded use was the cultivation of hops, hence the name given to it of Hopyard Plantation. The oldest wing of the present house dates to the mid-1700’s while the main house was built in 1843 by Samuel Tyson as shown by an inscription in the cellar.
The white stucco exterior, columned porches and overall proportions of its three stories mark it out as late Federal in style. The Chambers and more recently the Hopkins farmed some 200 acres here until the 1970’s.It is a fine 19th Century survivor with many original features: interior layout, high ceilings, staircases, fireplaces, millwork, hardware, floors and some original windows; but adapted for modern living by improvements and additions in keeping with its period. This home also features a gourmet granite kitchen, beautiful in-ground pool, new roof, new deck, and so much more. A perfect combination of all of the character of an older home with the tastefully updated amenities of a newer home.
Newark, New Castle County, Delaware
Hopkins Estates, in the White Clay Creek Preserve
School District: Christina
PROPERTY and LOT DETAILS
- Year Built: 1843
- 19 Rooms over 3 Levels + Basement, including:
– Living Room
– Dining Room
– 7 Bedrooms
– 3 Full Bathrooms
– 6 Fireplaces
– In-ground Swimming Pool
– Window Air Conditioning Units
– Propane Heat
– On Site Septic
– Well Water
- 5,975 +/- Sq. ft. Living Area
– 4,253 +/- Sq. ft.
– Apx. 0.97 Acres
- Tax Lot: 016
- Tax Assessed Value: $120,900 in Tax Year 2018
- Tax Annual Amount: $4,162 in Tax Year 2018
- Annual County Tax: 1003.00
- Tax ID Number: 08-040.00-016
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS/AUCTION TERMS
- Valid Driver’s License required to register
- $10,000.00 cash or certified check made payable to yourself is required the day of auction to register to bid.
- Property is being sold at public auction, AS IS, with no contingencies
- Final sale is subject to seller confirmation
- Final selling price is subject to an 8% buyer’s premium
SUCCESSFUL BIDDER INFORMATION
- The 8% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final bid, and is due in addition to the final bid to complete the purchase price.
- The successful bidder will pay a down payment of 10% of the purchase price within seven business days of auction. The non-refundable $10,000.00 registration fee will be used immediately as part of the initial 10% down payment.
- The balance of the purchase price is due at settlement.
- Settlement will be conducted within 30-45 days of the auction date. Settlement date and time to be agreed upon between Buyer, Seller and Auction Company.
We welcome broker participation in this auction, and will pay a two and a half percent (2.5%) referral fee to the properly licensed Broker/Agent whose client purchases this property at the auction and settles on the property at closing. To qualify for a referral fee the Broker must abide by the following:
- 2.5% commission is paid only if property is sold at auction on auction day. Any pre- or post-auction offers or bids are subject to negotiation of commission. This commission will be paid upon settlement of property.
- Broker/Agent must hold a valid DE license.
- The Broker must register his/her client on an official registration form supplied by the Auction Company on or before the date of the auction.
- The registration form must be signed by both the Broker/Agent and Client.
- Broker/Agent must attend the auction with the Client.
- No referral fee will be paid to any Broker/Agent or a member of his/her immediate family participating in the purchase of the property as a principal. An affidavit may be required as proof that the Broker/Agent is serving only as a Broker/Agent and not as a principal.
- Registration of Broker/Agent by another Broker/Agent will not be accepted.
To bid on this property, you must pre-register with Briggs Auction, Inc. on or before auction day.
- This property is sold AS IS, with no warranties or guarantees other than being clear of all liens and encumbrances.
- All information contained on the Briggs Auction, Inc. website, and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the purchase agreement.
- Information contained in advertisements, the Briggs Auction, Inc. website, and any published information is based upon the best information available to Briggs Auction, inc, at the time of preparation.
- Each potential buyer is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspection, investigations, and inquiries concerning the property.
- The information on the Briggs Auction, Inc. website and any published information is subject to verification by all parties relying on it.
- No liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the Auction House
For more information or to view the property, please contact Lori Zytkowicz, Director, Real Estate Sales, Briggs Auction, Inc. at 610-308-9927 or firstname.lastname@example.org.