THE BRIGGS WAREHOUSE AT WAYFORTH AUCTION
is our new partnership with move management company Wayforth. We’ll be offering twice-monthly online only auctions of fresh-to-the marketplace fine furnishings and decoratives, fine art, china & glassware, electronics, and so much more.
- Online only, timed auction. Register and bid HERE.
- Bidding is live now and will continue until the end of the auction.
- Mobile bidding is available with the Briggs Auction App available in iTunes for iPhone or iPad, and Google Play for Android devices.
- See Terms and Conditions below for additional registration and bidding information.
AUCTION END TIME
Lots will close beginning at Noon on Wednesday, May 29th.
Tuesday, May 28 from Noon-7PM at the Briggs Warehouse at Wayforth
Thursday, May 30: Noon-7pm ONLY, at the Warehouse in Broomall.
- All merchandise must be removed by then, with no exceptions.
- Buyers must bring all labor and packing materials they need.
- If you need your items shipped, we can recommend shippers, or you may choose your own.
- See Terms & Conditions below for additional information about pickup and removal of items.
AUCTION PREVIEW and MERCHANDISE PICKUP LOCATION
The Briggs Warehouse at Wayforth in Broomall, PA
845 Sussex Blvd.
Broomall, PA 19008
Pull in to the right, and around to the back of the building.
BUYER’S PREMIUM and PAYMENT:
- 18% Buyer’s Premium
- Your credit card will automatically be charged immediately following the auction for all your successful bids.
- See Terms and Conditions below for additional registration and payment information
THIS AUCTION FEATURES
A fabulous multi-consignor assortment of fine furnishings, including Kittinger; decorative arts; fine art; electronics, fine glassware, and much more from Main Line, PA and other Delaware Valley homes. Lots are still being added so keep checking the auction listings!
To Be Sold At Absolute Auction.
The Briggs Warehouse at Wayforth Auction Terms and Conditions
- In order to bid in this auction, you must register on the platform directly and may not register in person. Register online HERE.
- When you register for this auction, you agree to a $1 authorization on the credit card you have on file. This is a hold only, NOT a deposit or charge. This amount will not be held against the invoice total. Please make sure that your credit card information is current, and that the address on your bidder profile is the same address used for your credit card statement.
- Bidders with registrations outside the U.S. agree that submitting their card approves a $1,000 authorization on the card. All authorizations are released within three days of the auction, but availability of funds may take up to 30 days, depending on your card’s terms.
BUYER’S PREMIUM, PAYMENT and TAX EXMPTION
- The Buyer’s Premium of 18% will be added to each successful bid.
- PA State Sales Tax (6%) will be applied to each sale, including the buyer’s premium, unless exempted by law. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number.
- If you have a tax resale number, be sure to inform Briggs Auction ahead of time so we can confirm the tax has been removed prior to your credit card being charged.
- Your credit card will be billed immediately after the auction, and a receipt emailed to you. No payments will be accepted onsite at checkout.
- Winning bidders will be required to produce a paid receipt at checkout in order to collect items from the warehouse. Please ensure you have proof of payment when you come to collect your items.
- If you arrange for a shipper to pick up your items, please ensure they have a copy of your paid receipt.
MERCHANDISE PICKUP and REMOVAL OF ITEMS:
Thursday, May 30, from Noon-7PM is the only day available for you to collect your items.
ITEMS NOT COLLECTED WILL BE DEEMED ABANDONED AND DISPOSED OF.
Items will not be available for pick up at any location other than the Wayforth Warehouse.
Buyers are responsible for packing smaller items, and dismantling, moving and loading furniture. Please ensure that you have your own labor, packing materials and equipment needed to collect your items. Briggs Auction does not provide labor or equipment to move items from the warehouse location.
Briggs Auction does not provide moving and/or shipping services. If you need the item moved or shipped, we recommend the following:
Please be sure any shipper you choose to pick up your item(s) has a copy of your paid receipt.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to examine all items carefully and bid according to your own expertise.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only.
- Condition details are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- All items are offered at absolute auction, with no reserves or minimums, unless otherwise specified.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
AUCTION PURCHASE AND PICKUP LIABILITY WAIVER AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
The bidder is or will be voluntary entering onto Legacy Navigator’s (Wayforth’s (“Company”)) premises for the purpose of completing the transaction for item(s) the bidder has purchased through an auction, including picking up, removing, loading, and/or otherwise transporting such item(s) from the Company property (“Property Pickup”). In consideration of being allowed to enter onto the Company’s premises and to complete the Property Pickup, the bidder agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The bidder assumes all risk of bodily injury, property damage or other loss of any kind from any cause while the bidder is conducting the Property Pickup, including, but not limited to, accidents, injuries, death, or damage experienced while the bidder is on Company premises in connection with the Property Pickup or while the bidder is approaching, entering, disembarking from, leaving, or near any premises of the Company, including, without limitation, its warehouse and parking lots. The bidder knowingly assumes all responsibility and liability for his/her own actions while the bidder is participating in the Property Pickup and will in no way interfere with the ability of any Company employee or affiliate of Property Pickup or perform his or her duties. The bidder agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Releasees from any losses, liability, damage or cost Releasees may incur due to the bidder’s activities or actions associated with the Property Pickup, whether caused by the negligence of Releasees or otherwise. The bidder further agrees to release the Company, its subsidiaries, agents, affiliates, employees, officers, shareholders, predecessors and successors, including the participating auction company (“Releasees”) from any liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of actions whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, property damage, physical injury, contagious disease, or death that may be sustained by the bidder while, in, on, or upon any premises, vehicles or apparatus owned, occupied, or used by any Releasee, while on the Company’s premises, or while performing any act related to the Property Pickup. The bidder agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Releasees from any loss, cost or expense, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred by any Releasee by reason of the assertion of any claim released hereunder.
- The bidder understands and agree that this Liability Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, and that, if any portion of this Liability Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement is held invalid, the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect. The bidder agrees that this document is legally binding on the bidder’s spouse, children, heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigned parties. By submitting a bid, the bidder agrees to the release and waiver of liability and indemnity agreement, and further agrees that no oral representations, statements or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
I, the bidder, acknowledge and agree that these terms are legally binding on my spouse, children, heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigned parties. By placing bids on this auction, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing Liability Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement carefully and in its entirety, that I understand all of the terms and the implications thereof, that I am over eighteen (l8) years of age and of sound mind and of sound physical health, and that I accept this waiver and agreement of my own free will and in consideration of the benefits to me as set forth herein.