FINE ESTATES AUCTIONS
Feature curated selections of antique furniture; name-brand reproduction and midcentury modern/modern design furnishings; estate fine jewelry; carpets; silver; fine porcelains and glass; decorative arts; fine art, and much more, from selected Main Line, PA and Delaware Valley Estates, Homes, and Collections.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 28, 2020
This exciting auction features: A fine assortment of Antique Furniture including Federal, Chippendale, Georgian, Hepplewhite, Sheraton, Art Nouveau, etc.; Name-brand Contemporary and Modern Design Furnishings by Theodore Alexander, Christopher Guy, Ferguson Copeland, Randall Allan, Henredon, Highland House, Tommy Bahama; Southwood; Frontgate Kent; Stickley, Kittinger Col. Wmsbg., William Switzer, Selva (Italy), Frank Gehry, Harry Bertoia and Eero Saarinen for Knoll Int’l, and more.; Fine art, including Jean Cockteau (attrib.), William Rowland, Sterling Strauser, Lawrence Forbes-Wolfe; paintings on KPM porcelain, etc. Fine Sculpture by Dominique Friedrich, Enzo Plazzotta, Inuit carvings, C. Jere, Geoffrey Smith, etc. Period and Contemporary Decorative Arts, including Atlas blasting machine, Enterprise coffee mill, National cash register, Stickley, Lightolier, Peter Bramhall, etc. Fine Glass by Blenko, Lalique and Daum; Fine Porcelains and Pottery, including Asian export, Roseville, etc. Watches by Cartier and Universal Geneve, and much more from selected Main Line, Pennsylvania and other Delaware Valley Estates, Homes, and Collections.
Live, Online-only Bidding will begin at 11AM on Aug. 28
BIDING WILL BE AVAILABLE ON TWO PLATFORMS:
Click icon below to view the auction, register, and bid on that platform.
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Fine Estates Auction is available for online bidding only.
By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
We thank you for your interest and participation.
- There will be no live/in-person preview for this auction.
- For additional condition information and/or photos, please contact us:
- In order to bid in this auction, you must register on either the Bid At Briggs online bidding platform or Live Auctioneers.
- Bidders with no or limited history with Briggs Auction may be required to provide us with additional information that may include but may not be limited to:
– A valid VISA, MasterCard, or American Express card, and/or a deposit in order to bid.
– A photo or scan of their driver’s license
– A photo or scan of a current utility bill with name and address matching the driver’s license and submitted bidder registration details.
BIDDING / BUYER’S PREMIUM / SALES TAX
- Bidding for this auction will be ONLINE ONLY through either of our two platforms:
– Bid At Briggs – 20% Buyer’s Premium added to each successful bid.
– Live Auctioneers – 25% Buyer’s Premium added to each successful bid.
- Online absentee bids will be accepted prior to the auction start time. At 11AM on June 26, the auction will offer real-time online-only bidding.
- Telephone bidding is not available for this auction.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- The Auction record kept by Auctioneer and Clerk is final.
- The highest bidder for each lot shall be the buyer, and if any dispute arises as to any bidding, or between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will have sole discretion to determine the successful bidder
- All PA residents and any bidder who picks up their merchandise in-person are required to pay the PA state sales tax of 6% at the time of pickup, unless they have a valid tax exemption number. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number, and complete our exemption form.
- This auction will follow the increments below for all bidding for this auction.
- Briggs Auction reserves the right to reject any bid that is off the stated increment.
Bid: $10 – 100; Increment: $10
Bid: $101 – 500; Increment: $25
Bid: $501 – 1,000; Increment: $50
Bid: $1,001 – 2,000; Increment: $100
Bid: $2,001 – 5,000; Increment: $200
Bid: $5,001 – 10,000; Increment: $500
Bid: $10,001 – 20,000; Increment: $1,000
Bid: $20,001 – 50,000; Increment: $2,000
Bid: $50,001 – 100,000; Increment: $5,000
Bid: $100,001 – ; Increment: $10,000
- For any bidder outside the U.S. payment must be made by Wire Transfer only. No international credit card payments will be accepted.
- For successful BID AT BRIGGS bidders: For all U.S. customers, Briggs Auction will charge the credit card on file in your account immediately following the auction, and a paid receipt will be emailed to you. For all International Bid At Briggs customers, we will email you wire transfer details immediately following the auction, along with a copy of your invoice.
- For successful LIVE AUCTIONEERS bidders: Please use the Pay Now button on your invoice, or contact us for wire transfer details.
- Full payment for all merchandise is required within fourteen (14) days of the auction.
MERCHANDISE PICKUP / SHIPPING
- Merchandise pickup will be handled by appointment only Monday- Friday; Saturday from 9AM -3PM with no appointment.
- There is no rush to remove your items; all storage fees are waived at this time.
- All pickups at this time are contactless. Buyers are responsible for packing smaller items; please ensure that you have your own packing materials and equipment needed to collect your items. Please call ahead if you will require help with moving/loading furniture.
- Bidders who pick up their purchased items in person are responsible for examining all items at the time of pickup and assuring themselves as to condition before removing any item from Briggs Auction, Inc. No item may be returned for condition issues once it has been removed from Briggs Auction, and no refund or merchandise credit will be offered for any item’s condition after it has been picked up and removed by the bidder.
- No item may be removed or will be shipped until full payment of merchandise has been made.
- Briggs Auction does not ship, however we work with a variety of shippers who can handle anything in the auction. View our Shippers List.
- All shipping, packing, and handling costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Items will only be shipped to the bidder’s registration/billing address.
- Third-party pickups also require advanced scheduling. Please have your shipper contact Briggs Auction to arrange.
- Briggs Auction requires WRITTEN authorization to release merchandise to anyone other than the registered bidder. Please use our Shipping Authorization Form.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to request any additional condition information and/or photographs you deem necessary, and to bid according to your own expertise.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only.
- Any condition details listed are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
QUESTIONS? / FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION