FINE ESTATES AUCTIONS
Feature curated selections of antique furniture; name-brand reproduction and midcentury modern/modern design furnishings; estate fine jewelry; carpets; silver; fine porcelains and glass; decorative arts; fine art, and much more, from selected Main Line, PA and Delaware Valley Estates, Homes, and Collections.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2020
Online Bidding Only.
Absentee/pre-auction bidding is open now.
Live, online-only bidding will begin at 11AM on Friday, February 26.
This exciting auction will feature: A finely-curated collection of Antique, Midcentury Modern, and Name-brand Designer Furniture; Period and Modern Decorative Arts; Estate Fine Jewelry; Silver; Books; Fine Art; Fine Porcelains, and much more, from selected Main Line, Pennsylvania and other Delaware Valley Estates, Homes, and Collections.
BIDING IS AVAILABLE ON TWO PLATFORMS
Absentee/pre-auction bidding will be available until live, online-only bidding begins at 11AM on February 26 on two platforms. Click the image(s) below to view the auction on that platform.
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Fine Estates Auction is available for online bidding only, with absentee/pre-auction bidding available until 11AM on Friday, February 26, at which time real-time online only bidding will commence.
By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
We thank you for your interest and participation.
AUCTION PREVIEW/CONDITION & PHOTO REQUESTS
In-person preview will be by appointment only on Wednesday, February 24 and Thursday, February 25. To schedule or to request additional condition information and/or photographs, please contact us:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Phone: 610.566.3138
- In order to bid in this auction, you must register on either the Bid At Briggs online bidding platform or Live Auctioneers.
- Bidders with no or limited history with Briggs Auction may be required to provide us with additional information that may include but may not be limited to:
– A valid VISA, MasterCard, or American Express card, and/or a deposit in order to bid.
– A photo or scan of their driver’s license
– A photo or scan of a current utility bill with name and address matching the driver’s license and submitted bidder registration details.
- Bidding for this auction will be online only through Bid At Briggs and Live Auctioneers.
- Online absentee/pre-auction bids will be accepted prior to 11AM on February 26, at which time the auction will offer real-time, online-only bidding.
- Telephone bidding is not available for this auction.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- The Auction record kept by Auctioneer and Clerk is final.
- The highest bidder for each lot shall be the buyer, and if any dispute arises as to any bidding, or between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will have sole discretion to determine the successful bidder.
BUYER’S PREMIUM and SALES TAX
- The Buyer’s Premium will be added to each successful bid as follows:
– Bid At Briggs: 20%
– Live Auctioneers: 25%
- The 6% PA Sales Tax will be added to each successful bid, including buyer’s premium, by all PA residents, and any bidder who picks up his/her merchandise in person at the Briggs Auction showroom. Sales tax must be paid prior to merchandise pick up.
- All bidders who have items shipped to other states will be required to pay their applicable state’s sales tax on the total of hammer price + buyer’s premium. Sales tax must be paid prior to any item being released for shipping.
- If you have a tax resale number, please email a photo/scan/PDF of your exemption certificate to email@example.com and we will remove the sales tax. If you bid through Live Auctioneers, you will need to upload your sales tax ID to your Live Auctioneers registration.
- This auction will follow the increments below for all bidding for this auction.
- Briggs Auction reserves the right to reject any bid that is off the stated increment.
Bid: $10 – 100; Increment: $10
Bid: $101 – 500; Increment: $25
Bid: $501 – 1,000; Increment: $50
Bid: $1,001 – 2,000; Increment: $100
Bid: $2,001 – 5,000; Increment: $200
Bid: $5,001 – 10,000; Increment: $500
Bid: $10,001 – 20,000; Increment: $1,000
Bid: $20,001 – 50,000; Increment: $2,000
Bid: $50,001 – 100,000; Increment: $5,000
Bid: $100,001 – ; Increment: $10,000
- For successful BID AT BRIGGS U.S. bidders: Briggs Auction will charge the credit card on file in your account immediately following the auction, and a paid receipt will be emailed to you.
- For successful BID AT BRIGGS International bidders: Payment must be made by Wire Transfer Only. No international credit card payments will be accepted. For all International Bid At Briggs customers, we will email you wire transfer details immediately following the auction, along with a copy of your invoice.
- For successful LIVE AUCTIONEERS bidders: We will email you a copy of your invoice following the auction. Please use the Pay Now button on your invoice, or contact us for wire transfer details.
- For all bidders on both platforms: full payment for all merchandise is required within fourteen (14) days of the auction.
- Merchandise pickup is available:
– Monday – Friday by appointment only
– Saturdays from 9AM -3PM with no appointment needed.
- We request that all items be picked up or have shipping arrangements made within 30 days of the auction.
- All pickups at this time are contactless. Buyers are responsible for packing smaller items; please ensure that you have your own packing materials and equipment needed to collect your items. Please call ahead if you will require help with moving/loading furniture.
- Bidders who pick up their purchased items in person are responsible for examining all items at the time of pickup and assuring themselves as to condition before removing any item from Briggs Auction, Inc. No item may be returned for condition issues once it has been removed from Briggs Auction, and no refund or merchandise credit will be offered for any item’s condition after it has been picked up and removed by the bidder. Items with power cords have not be tested for functionality.
- No item may be removed until full payment of merchandise and applicable sales tax has been made.
- Briggs Auction does not ship, however we work with a variety of shippers who can handle anything in the auction. View our Shippers List.
- All shipping, packing, and handling costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Items will only be shipped to the bidder’s registration/billing address.
- Third-party pickups also require advanced scheduling. Please have your shipper contact Briggs Auction to arrange.
- Briggs Auction requires WRITTEN authorization to release merchandise to anyone other than the registered bidder. Please use our Shipping Authorization Form.
- No item will be shipped until full payment of merchandise and applicable sales tax has been made.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to request any additional condition information and/or photographs you deem necessary, and to bid according to your own expertise.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only.
- Any condition details listed are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
QUESTIONS? / FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Phone: 610.566.3138
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org