FINE ESTATE AUCTIONS:
SINGLE-OWNER ESTATE LIBRARY
Featuring an excellent selection of antique and contemporary books; first editions; signed books, and so much more, from a single Estate collection.
FRIDAY, JULY 17, 2020
Lots are open for pre-bidding now.
Live, Online-only Bidding begins at 11AM
BIDDING IS AVAILABLE ON TWO PLATFORMS:
Click the logo to view auction on each.
Here’s a small sample of the exciting lots in this auction!
AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
This single-owner Estate Library auction is available for online bidding only.
By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
We thank you for your interest and participation.
- There will be no live/in-person preview for this auction.
- For additional condition information and/or photos, please contact us:
- In order to bid in this auction, you must register on either the Bid At Briggs online bidding platform or Live Auctioneers.
- Bidders with no or limited history with Briggs Auction may be required to provide us with additional information that may include but may not be limited to:
– A valid VISA, MasterCard, or American Express card, and/or a deposit in order to bid.
– A photo or scan of their driver’s license
– A photo or scan of a current utility bill with name and address matching the driver’s license and submitted bidder registration details.
BIDDING / BUYER’S PREMIUM / SALES TAX
- Bidding for this auction will be ONLINE ONLY through either of our two platforms:
– Bid At Briggs – 20% Buyer’s Premium added to each successful bid.
– Live Auctioneers – 25% Buyer’s Premium added to each successful bid.
- Online absentee bids will be accepted prior to the auction start time. At 11AM on July 17, the auction will offer real-time online-only bidding.
- Telephone bidding is not available for this auction.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- The Auction record kept by Auctioneer and Clerk is final.
- The highest bidder for each lot shall be the buyer, and if any dispute arises as to any bidding, or between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will have sole discretion to determine the successful bidder
- All PA residents and any bidder who picks up their merchandise in-person are required to pay the PA state sales tax of 6% at the time of pickup, unless they have a valid tax exemption number. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number, and complete our exemption form.
- This auction will follow the increments below for all bidding for this auction.
- Briggs Auction reserves the right to reject any bid that is off the stated increment.
Bid: $1 – 10; Increment: $1
Bid: $11 – 100; Increment: $5
Bid: $101 – 200; Increment: $10
Bid: $201 – 500; Increment: $25
Bid: $501 – 1,000; Increment: $50
Bid: $1,001 – 2,000; Increment: $100
Bid: $2,001 – 5,000; Increment: $200
- For any bidder outside the U.S. payment must be made by Wire Transfer only. No international credit card payments will be accepted.
- For successful BID AT BRIGGS bidders: For all U.S. customers, Briggs Auction will charge the credit card on file in your account immediately following the auction, and a paid receipt will be emailed to you. For all International Bid At Briggs customers, we will email you wire transfer details immediately following the auction, along with a copy of your invoice.
- For successful LIVE AUCTIONEERS bidders: Please use the Pay Now button on your invoice, or contact us for wire transfer details.
- Full payment for all merchandise is required within fourteen (14) days of the auction.
MERCHANDISE PICKUP / SHIPPING
- Merchandise pickup will be handled by appointment only Monday- Friday; Saturday from 9AM -3PM with no appointment.
- There is no rush to remove your items; all storage fees are waived at this time.
- All pickups at this time are contactless. Buyers are responsible for packing smaller items; please ensure that you have your own packing materials and equipment needed to collect your items. Please call ahead if you will require help with moving/loading furniture.
- No item may be removed or will be shipped until full payment of merchandise has been made.
- Briggs Auction does not ship, however we work with a variety of shippers who can handle anything in the auction. View our Shippers List.
- All shipping, packing, and handling costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Items will only be shipped to the bidder’s registration/billing address.
- Third-party pickups also require advanced scheduling. Please have your shipper contact Briggs Auction to arrange.
- Briggs Auction requires WRITTEN authorization to release merchandise to anyone other than the registered bidder. Please use our Shipping Authorization Form.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to request any additional condition information and/or photographs you deem necessary, and to bid according to your own expertise.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only.
- Any condition details listed are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
QUESTIONS? / FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION