Wednesday, 2/12: Noon – 5PM
Thursday, 2/13: Noon – 7PM
Friday, 2/14: From 9AM
A fine Estate collection of antiques; quality reproduction furnishings; modern design furniture and decoratives; fine art; period decorative arts; fine porcelains, china, and glassware; Asian export; silver; Estate fine jewelry; carpets, and more from selected Main Line, PA and Delaware Valley estates, homes, and collections.
Live In Showroom, Absentee, Telephone – 20% Buyer’s Premium
Online: Bid At Briggs – 20% B.P. | Live Auctioneers – 25% B.P.
ABSENTEE/TELPHONE BID MINIMUMS
Briggs Auction does not ship, however we work with a variety of shippers who can handle anything in the auction.
Click HERE to view our shipper list.
Click HERE for our Shipping Release/Authorization Form
See below for auction Terms and Bid Increments
The Fine Estate Auction is a live auction. Bidding, preview and merchandise pickup will take place at the Briggs Auction Showroom in Garnet Valley, with live, online bidding also available.
By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
We thank you for your interest and participation.
- In order to bid in this auction, you must register either in person at the Briggs Auction showroom; using our online Bid Submission Form; or on either the Bid At Briggs online bidding platform or Live Auctioneers.
- Bidders with no or limited history with Briggs Auction may be required to provide us with additional information that may include but may not be limited to:
– A valid VISA, MasterCard, or American Express card, and/or a deposit in order to bid.
– A photo or scan of their driver’s license
– A photo or scan of a current utility bill with name and address matching the driver’s license and submitted bidder registration details.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- The Auction record kept by Auctioneer and Clerk is final.
- The highest bidder for each lot shall be the buyer, and if any dispute arises as to any bidding, or between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will have sole discretion to determine the successful bidder, or the disputed lot shall be offered again at the last undisputed bid and resold.
- Buyers are responsible for all items after knockdown.
- We will attempt to notify successful Absentee and Telephone bidders via email after the auction, or by telephone on Saturday following the auction for bidders who choose not to supply us an email address. If you have questions, please call 610.566.3138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This auction will follow the increments below for all bidding for this auction (in person, absentee, telephone, and online).
- No bidding method takes precedence over any other.
- Briggs Auction reserves the right to reject any bid that is off the stated increment.
Bid: $10 – 100; Increment: $10
Bid: $101 – 500; Increment: $25
Bid: $501 – 1,000; Increment: $50
Bid: $1,001 – 2,000; Increment: $100
Bid: $2,001 – 5,000; Increment: $200
Bid: $5,001 – 10,000; Increment: $500
Bid: $10,001 – 20,000; Increment: $1,000
Bid: $20,001 – 50,000; Increment: $2,000
Bid: $50,001 – 100,000; Increment: $5,000
Bid: $100,001 – ; Increment: $10,000
ABSENTEE / TELEPHONE BIDDING
- Briggs Auction accepts Absentee, and Telephone (live) bidding for this auction.
- All Absentee and Telephone bids are executed in a competitive manner and have an equal chance of being successful as on-the-floor or online bids, yet do not take precedence over any bidding method.
- Absentee and Telephone bidding is a service we offer for the convenience of our customers. Although we make every effort to execute your bid(s), Briggs Auction is not liable for any errors or omissions.
- Telephone bids are available for all lots, on a first-come, first-served basis. Telephone bidders are also urged to provide a maximum back-up bid if the bidder is unreachable at the time the item comes up for sale.
- Minimums (unless otherwise noted): Absentee Bid Minimum: $50. Telephone Bid Minimum: $300.
BUYER’S PREMIUM / SALES TAX
- The Buyer’s Premium of 20% will be added to each successful live, absentee, telephone, or Bid At Briggs bid; 25% for each successful Live Auctioneers bid.
- All PA residents and any bidder who picks up their merchandise in-person are required to pay the PA state sales tax of 6% at the time of pickup, unless they have a valid tax exemption number. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number, and complete our exemption form.
- Full payment for all merchandise is required within fourteen (14) days of the auction.
- Accepted forms of payment: Cash, Approved Check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Debit; Wire Transfer; Live Auctioneers “Pay Now” payment.
- For successful Absentee and Telephone bidders: Briggs Auction will charge the credit card you submitted on the bid submission form immediately following the auction. A paid receipt will be emailed to you. If you do not wish your card to be charged automatically, you must notify Briggs Auction in writing prior to the end of the auction of your intent to pay via a different method.
- For successful Bid At Briggs bidders: Briggs Auction will charge the credit card on file in your account immediately following the auction, and a paid receipt will be emailed to you. If you do not wish your card to be charged automatically, you must notify Briggs Auction in writing prior to the end of the auction of your intent to pay via a different method.
- Auto/Vehicle Payment Terms: A minimum 10% down-payment is required the day of the auction with the balance paid in full within one week of the auction, either in cash or by certified check.
- All items must be removed from Briggs Auction within twenty-one (21) days of the auction. After 21 days, a $5/day storage fee will be applied.
- No item may be removed or will be shipped until full payment of merchandise and/or storage fees has been made.
- All items that have been paid for and not removed from Briggs Auction after 180 days will be deemed abandoned, and will become property of Briggs Auction.
- Merchandise pickup hours:
– Saturday, February 15: 9AM – 3PM
– Monday – Wednesday, February 17 – 19: 9AM – 5PM
– Thursday – Friday, February 20 – 21: 9AM – 7PM
– Saturday, February 22: 9AM – 1PM
– Monday – Friday, February 24 – 28: 9AM – 5PM
- Check the Briggs Auction calendar on our website, or contact us if you have questions about the schedule.
- Buyers are responsible for packing smaller items. Briggs Auction staff can help with moving and loading furniture when available, however, please call the showroom to verify staff availability. Please ensure that you have your own packing materials and equipment needed to collect your items.
- Third-party pick-ups on Fridays or Saturdays are available ONLY with prior approval of at least 48 hours.
- Briggs Auction, Inc. does not ship, however we are happy to help coordinate shipping with one of our preferred shippers. Click HERE to view our shipper list.
- All shipping, packing, and handling costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Briggs Auction requires WRITTEN authorization to release merchandise to anyone other than the registered bidder. Please use our Shipping Authorization Form.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to examine all items carefully and bid according to your own expertise.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only.
- Any condition details listed are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- Buyers are urged to examine all items in person whenever possible, and to request condition reports and/or additional photos if they are unable to view items in person.
- All items are offered at absolute auction, with no reserves or minimums, unless otherwise specified.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
QUESTIONS? / FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION