DISCOVERY AT BRIGGS AUCTION
Timed Online Bidding Every-Other Friday
NEXT AUCTION CLOSES
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2020
Beginning at 11AM
Thursday, February 20: 10AM – 7PM
Friday, February 21: 4PM – 7PM (15% Buyer’s Premium with full Cash or Check Payment)
Saturday, February 22: 9AM – 1PM (with paid receipt)
Monday, February 24: 9AM – 5PM (with paid receipt)
Tuesday, February 15: 9AM – 5PM (with paid receipt)
See below for complete bidding terms, bid increments, etc.
Simple and Convenient.
Bid from any computer, tablet*, or smart phone*.
All lots start at $1.
Discovery At Briggs Auction is our exiting new way to find fresh-to-the-market furnishings, home décor, fine art, jewelry, silver, collectibles, and so much more from local Estates and collections. Same great merchandise; just a new way to bid!
Bidding for Discovery auctions will be all online, with in-person preview the Thursday prior to the auction close.
Need help setting up your account? Scroll down for easy step-by-step instructions on how to sign up and start bidding.
How Timed Online Bidding Works:
Auctions will be posted a week prior to the auction close date. Click HERE to view the February 21 auction when it goes live the evening of February 14. Bidding will be open from that time until the lots close the following Friday. Once the lot closes, whoever bid the highest wins the lot. When the auction is complete, you can pick up your items.
Once you’ve signed up to bid, simply click the orange “BID” button to bid on any item. OR, let the auction do all the work and use the “SET MAX” button. Bids will automatically advance by the set increment up to your max amount. If bidding goes over your max, you’ll be notified, and you can increase your bid, or not, it’s up to you.
To make a list for yourself of all the lots you’re interested in, click the orange button with the Star.
At the designated auction close time (11AM on February 21), lots will begin to close at a rate of 5 lots per minute. If you make a last-second bid, the bidding time will automatically extend for one minute, so sorry–there’s no sniping!
Once all the lots have closed, we’ll be open for pickup from 4PM – 7PM on auction day. Bidders who pay and pick up during those hours, may pay by cash or check to get the 15% buyer’s premium. After 7PM, we’ll process all unpaid winning bidders’ credit cards, and pickup will be with paid receipt only on Saturday from 9AM – 1PM, Monday from 9AM – 5PM, or Tuesday from 9AM – 5PM.
*We have an app! Look for us in the Apple App Store for iOS devices or Google Play for Android devices. Search for Briggs Auction and look for our (B).
How To Create an Online Bidding Account in 7 Simple Steps
Step 1: Click HERE to link to our online auctions page, then click on any of the auctions you wish to register for.
Step 2: Once the catalog opens, click any orange “Register To Bid” button.
Step 3: Click “Sign Up” to begin creating your account.
Step 4: Fill out your name, email, and pick a password (make sure you can remember it!!), and click “Continue”. If you want to receive notifications when you’ve been outbid, and about upcoming auctions, check the “Receive bidding notifications by email” box.
Step 5: Read the Bidding Terms & Conditions, then click the “I agree” box, and click the “Sign Up” button.
Congratulations! You now have an online bidding account. If you want to bid in the auction, keep going:
Step 6: Fill in the form with the rest of your information: address, phone, credit card details, and click the orange “Submit” button.
Step 7: Accept the Auction Terms & Conditions, and you’re ready to roll!
Online Bidding Tips:
BID ONCE: To bid one time on any item, click the orange “Bid” button to bid that amount, then click “Confirm” to set your bid. If someone bids higher, you’ll have to bid again if you want to.
SET A MAXIMUM BID: To put in a maximum bid and let the auction do all the work for you, click the orange “Set Max” button and enter your maximum bid amount for that item. The auction will automatically advance your bid if anyone else bids on that item. If the bidding gets to your maximum bid, you’ll be notified so that you can increase your bid if you want.
TRACK “YOUR” LOTS: Want to keep track of all the lots you’re interested in? Click the orange Star button. At the top of the page, you’ll see a tab marked “Your Items”. Click that to see a list of just the items you’ve starred. This is a great way to keep track of the items you’re bidding on to see at a glance if you’ve been outbid or not.
To go back to the full catalog, click the “All Items” tab on the left.
It’s that simple! But, if you have any questions, we’re happy to help. Join us Thursdays during preview and we’ll help you get started.
— — — — — — —
Discovery At Briggs Auction Online Bidding Terms and Conditions
Discovery At Briggs Auction is an online only auction. Preview and merchandise pickup will take place at the Briggs Auction Showroom in Garnet Valley, however all bidding will be conducted online.
By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
We thank you for your interest and participation.
- In order to bid in this auction, you must register on the Bid At Briggs online bidding platform directly and may not register in person. Click HERE to view & register for the auction.
- When you register for this auction, you agree to a $1 authorization on the credit card you have on file. This is a hold only, NOT a deposit or charge. This amount will not be held against the invoice total. Please make sure that your credit card information is current, and that the address on your bidder profile is the same address used for your credit card statement.
- Bidders with registrations outside the U.S. agree that submitting their card approves a $1,000 authorization on the card. All authorizations are released within three days of the auction, but availability of funds may take up to 30 days, depending on your card’s terms.
- If you have a tax exemption/resale number, please be sure to inform Briggs Auction before the auction closes, so we can confirm the PA sales tax has been removed from your invoice.
- All lots start at $1, and then will proceed by the following bid increments:
$1 – $10: Increment: $1
$11 – $100: Increment: $5
$101 – $200: Increment: $10
$201 – $500: Increment: $25
$501 – $1000: Increment: $50
$1001 – $2000: Increment: $100
$2001 – $5000: Increment: $200
BUYER’S PREMIUM / SALES TAX
- The Buyer’s Premium of 18% will be added to each successful bid, unless you pay and pick up your merchandise the Friday the auction closes, between 4PM – 7PM. At that time, full payment by cash or check will discount the buyer’s premium to 15%
- PA State Sales Tax (6%) will be applied to each sale, including the buyer’s premium, unless exempted by law. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number, and complete our exemption form.
- If you have a tax resale number, please be sure to inform Briggs Auction ahead of time so we can confirm the tax has been removed prior to your credit card being charged.
PAYMENT & MERCHANDISE PICKUP
- Your credit card will be billed after 7PM the day of the auction. and a receipt emailed to you if you do not pick up during our Friday pickup hours.
- After the Friday pickup time, winning bidders will be required to produce a paid receipt at pickup in order to collect their items.
- Merchandise pickup hours:
– Friday, February 21: 4PM – 7PM (15% Buyer’s Premium with full payment by Cash or Check)
– Saturday, February 22: 9AM – 1PM (with paid receipt)
– Monday, February 24: 9AM – 5PM (with paid receipt)
– Tuesday, February 25: 9AM – 5PM (with paid receipt)
- Buyers are responsible for packing smaller items. Briggs Auction staff can help with moving and loading furniture during Friday and Saturday pickup times, however, please call the showroom to verify staff availability during the week. Please ensure that you have your own packing materials and equipment needed to collect your items.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to examine all items carefully and bid according to your own expertise.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only.
- Any condition details listed are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- Buyers are urged to examine all items in person whenever possible, and to request condition reports and/or additional photos if they are unable to view items in person.
- All items are offered at absolute auction, with no reserves or minimums, unless otherwise specified.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.