DISCOVERY AT BRIGGS AUCTION
Online Bidding | All lots start at $1
Featuring a fine mix of items fresh-to-the-market from Main Line, PA and Delaware Valley estates, homes, and collections, including furniture; home decoratives; fine art; jewelry; silver; carpets; electronics; toys; tools; collectibles; china & glass; vehicles; and so much more. Bidding is simple & convenient, from any computer, tablet*, or smart phone*. Need more info about online bidding?
NEXT DISCOVERY AUCTION:
OCTOBER 2 at 11AM
There will be no in-person preview for this auction.
BUYER’S PREMIUM: 15%
PAYMENT: All successful bidders’ cards will be charged at the end of the auction, at the 15% buyer’s premium. We are unable to accept cash or check payments for this auction.
– Saturdays: 9AM – 3PM, no appointment needed, with paid invoice only.
– Monday – Friday: by appointment only.
– View our Merchandise Pickup Procedure
– Pickup will be contactless, you must bring your own packing materials and help if needed with loading.
Discovery At Briggs Auction Online Bidding Terms and Conditions
Discovery At Briggs Auction is an online only auction. All bidding will be conducted online*; merchandise pickup will take place at/outside the Briggs Auction Showroom in Garnet Valley, PA.
By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
We thank you for your interest and participation.
- In order to bid in this auction, you must register on the Bid At Briggs* online bidding platform directly and may not register in person.
- When you register for this auction, you agree to a $1 authorization on the credit card you have on file. This is a hold only, NOT a deposit or charge. This amount will not be held against the invoice total. Please make sure that your credit card information is current, and that the address on your bidder profile is the same address used for your credit card statement.
- Bidders with registrations outside the U.S. agree that submitting their card approves a $1,000 authorization on the card. All authorizations are released within three days of the auction, but availability of funds may take up to 30 days, depending on your card’s terms.
- If you have a tax exemption/resale number, please be sure to inform Briggs Auction before the auction closes, so we can confirm the PA sales tax has been removed from your invoice.
- All lots start at $1, and then will proceed by the following bid increments:
$1 – $10: Increment: $1
$11 – $100: Increment: $5
$101 – $200: Increment: $10
$201 – $500: Increment: $25
$501 – $1000: Increment: $50
$1001 – $2000: Increment: $100
$2001 – $5000: Increment: $200
$5001 + : Increment: $500
BUYER’S PREMIUM / SALES TAX
- The Buyer’s Premium of 15% will be added to each successful bid.
- PA State Sales Tax (6%) will be applied to each sale, including the buyer’s premium, unless exempted by law. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number, and complete our exemption form.
- If you have a tax resale number–even if you’ve given it to us before–please be sure to inform Briggs Auction before the end of the auction so we can confirm the tax has been removed prior to your credit card being charged.
PAYMENT & MERCHANDISE PICKUP
- Your credit card will be billed shortly after the auction closes, and a receipt emailed to you.
- Merchandise pickup requires a paid receipt. We are unable to accept payment at pickup.
- Merchandise pickup by appointment only Monday-Friday; Saturdays from 9AM-3PM with no appointment needed.
- You will be able to pick up ALL merchandise purchased at any prior auction at that appointment.
- Pickup remains contactless, and everyone at the pickup is required to wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
- Bidders who pick up their purchased items in person are responsible for examining all items at the time of pickup and assuring themselves as to condition before removing any item from Briggs Auction, Inc. No item may be returned for condition issues once it has been removed from Briggs Auction, and no refund or merchandise credit will be offered for any item’s condition after it has been picked up and removed by the bidder.
- All merchandise must be picked up or have shipping arrangements made within 30 days of the auction
- View our Merchandise Pickup Procedure
- Another option: View our list of Recommended Shippers
- All vehicles are sold AS IS in AS FOUND/ESTATE Condition.
- If you are the successful bidder for a vehicle, please contact Briggs Auction to discuss payment. Credit cards may not be used as payment for automobiles.
- Buyer pays Briggs Auction the hammer price plus the buyer’s premium. Buyer pays any applicable sales tax to the state where he/she transfers the title.
- Proof of insurance is required on day of automobile pickup.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to request additional condition details and/or photos to help you with bidding decisions and to bid according to your own expertise.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only. Items with power cords are not tested prior to the auction.
- Any condition details listed are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- All items are offered at absolute auction, with no reserves or minimums, unless otherwise specified.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
* Need any help with online bidding? Check out our quick online bidding guide!