By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these Terms and Conditions of Sale. We thank you for your interest and participation.
All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to examine all items carefully and bid according to your own expertise.
Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only. Items may not be sold as grouped in photos.
Condition details are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
Buyers are urged to examine all items in person whenever possible, and to request condition reports and/or additional photos if they are unable to view items in person.
All items are offered at absolute auction, with no reserves or minimums, unless otherwise specified.
By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
All buyers must register to participate in the auction, either in person or by submitting a completed Bid Form. Bid forms are available on HERE or will be faxed upon request.
For Auctions with Online Bidding:
- All buyers wishing to bid online must register with the online platform they would like to use (Live Auctioneers or Bid At Briggs).
- Auctions with online bidding and the available platforms will be noted on that auction’s details page on our website.
Additional Registration Requirements
Bidders with no or limited history with Briggs Auction may be required to provide us with additional information that may include but may not be limited to:
- A valid VISA, MasterCard, or American Express card, and/or a deposit in order to bid.
- A photo or scan of their driver’s license
- A photo or scan of a current utility bill with name and address matching the driver’s license and submitted bidder registration details.
- As a security measure, bidders agree that every credit card submitted is authorized for $1.00 to check that the card is valid.
- Bidders with registrations outside the U.S. agree that submitting their card details approved a $1,000 authorization on the card.
- All Authorizations are released within three days of the auction, but availability of funds may take up to 30 days, depending on your card’s terms
Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
The Auction record kept by Auctioneer and Clerk is final.
The highest bidder for each lot shall be the buyer, and if any dispute arises as to any bidding, or between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will have sole discretion to determine the successful bidder, or the disputed lot shall be offered again at the last undisputed bid and resold.
Buyers are responsible for all items after knockdown.
Absentee and Telephone Bidding:
- Briggs Auction accepts Absentee, and Telephone (live) bidding for our auctions.
- All Absentee and Telephone bids are executed in a competitive manner and have an equal chance of being successful as on-the-floor bids, yet do not take precedence over any bidding method.
- Absentee and Telephone bidding is a service we offer for the convenience of our customers. Although we make every effort to execute your bid(s), Briggs Auction is not liable for any errors or omissions.
- Telephone bids are available for all lots, on a first-come, first-served basis. Telephone bidders are also urged to provide a maximum back-up bid if the bidder is unreachable at the time the item comes up for sale.
Absentee and Telephone Bid Minimums
- Absentee bid minimum per lot: $20
- Telephone bid minimum per lot: $100
- Absentee bid minimum per lot: $50
- Telephone bid minimum per lot: $300
Bid Increments for Catalog Auctions
- Bid: $10 – 100; Increment: $10
- Bid: $101 – 500; Increment: $25
- Bid: $501 – 1,000; Increment: $50
- Bid: $1,001 – 2,000; Increment: $100
- Bid: $2,001 – 5,000; Increment: $200
- Bid: $5,001 – 10,000; Increment: $500
- Bid: $10,001 – 20,000; Increment: $1,000
- Bid: $20,001 – 50,000; Increment: $2,000
- Bid: $50,001 – 100,000; Increment: $5,000
- Bid: $100,001 – ; Increment: $10,000
Winning Bidder Notification
- We will attempt to notify successful Absentee and Telephone bidders via email after the auction, or by telephone on Saturday following the auction for bidders who choose not to supply us an email address.
- If you have questions, please call 610.566.3138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUYER’S PREMIUM and SALES TAX
The Buyer’s Premium will be added to each successful bid. The buyer’s premium amount is stated on each applicable auction page on our website.
PA State Sales Tax (6%) will be applied to each sale, including the buyer’s premium, unless exempted by law. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number, and complete our exemption form.
If you bid on one of the online platforms and plan to pick up your merchandise in person, you will be required to pay PA sales tax at time of pickup if you do not have a valid tax exemption number.
PAYMENT | REMOVAL OF ITEMS | STORAGE FEES
Accepted forms of payment: Cash, Approved Check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Debit, and Wire Transfer.
- All items must be paid for the night of the auction if the bidder is attending the auction. Successful absentee/telephone bids must be paid for and removed or have shipping arrangements made within 14 days (2 weeks) of the auction.
- We are not responsible for items left for later pickup. If you do leave items for later pickup, please inform a Briggs Auction, Inc. staff member, and please make every effort to remove furniture or large items by the Wednesday following the auction.
- All items must be paid for within 14 days of the auction.
- All items must be removed from Briggs Auction within 21 days of the auction. After 21 days, a $5/day storage fee will be applied.
- All items that have been paid for and not removed from Briggs Auction after 180 days will be deemed abandoned, and will become property of Briggs Auction.
Non-present Bidders/Bid At Briggs Bidders
- If you submit a bid using our secure bid form, or if you bid through the Bid At Briggs online platform (when available), we will charge the credit card you submitted for the full invoice amount (hammer price + buyer’s premium and applicable sales tax) upon the completion of the auction.
- If you do not wish your card to be charged automatically, you must notify Briggs Auction in writing prior to the end of the auction of your intent to pay via a different method.
Auto/Vehicle Payment Terms
- A minimum 10% down-payment is required the day of the auction with the balance paid in full within one week of the auction, either in cash or by certified check.
- No item may be removed or will be shipped until full payment of merchandise and/or storage fees has been made.
- Check the Briggs Auction calendar or contact us if you have questions about the schedule.
- General Merchandise pick-up hours:
Monday – Wednesday: 8am – 5pm*
Thursday: 8am – 5pm (7pm on Thursdays prior to an auction)
Friday: from 9am (No Auction Fridays: 9am – 3pm)**
Saturday: 9am – 3pm (No Auction Saturdays: Closed)**
* Daily schedule is subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to verify hours before stopping by the Showroom.
**Third-party pick-ups on Fridays or Saturdays are available ONLY with prior approval of at least 48 hours.
- Briggs Auction, Inc. does not ship, however we are happy to help coordinate shipping with one of our preferred shippers.
- All shipping, packing, and handling costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
- If you would like to make other shipping arrangements, please contact Briggs Auction.
QUESTIONS? / FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Additional and/or auction-specific terms will be noted on the applicable auction details page on our website.
Briggs Auction Contact Details: