By registering to bid and/or submitting any bid, you acknowledge and accept these Terms and Conditions of Sale. We thank you for your interest and participation.
- All items are sold AS IS, WITHOUT GUARANTEE. We urge you to examine all items carefully and bid according to your own expertise.
- Lot announcements, listings, photographs, and catalog information are for descriptive purposes only. Items may not be sold as grouped in photos.
- Condition details are offered as courtesy to bidders, and are opinions only, not statements of fact, and do not imply any warranty concerning condition, or any assumption of liability. The absence of a condition report does not imply that the lot is perfect or free from wear, flaws, or characteristics of age. Briggs Auction, Inc. is not responsible for errors and/or omissions of condition.
- Buyers are urged to examine all items in person whenever possible, and to request condition reports and/or additional photos if they are unable to view items in person.
- All items are offered at absolute auction, with no reserves or minimums, unless otherwise specified.
- By participating in Briggs Auction, Inc.’s auction, you are agreeing that the auction is occurring in Pennsylvania, merchandise is being struck off in Pennsylvania, contract of sale is being entered in Pennsylvania, and payments will be made in Pennsylvania.
- Owner or Owner’s Agent may not bid on his/her own items.
- All announcements made on the day of the auction supersede any other previously announced or published materials.
All buyers must register to participate in the auction, either in person or by submitting a completed Bid Form. Bid forms are available on BriggsAuction.com or will be faxed upon request.
- The Auction record kept by Auctioneer and Clerk is final.
- The highest bidder for each lot shall be the buyer, and if any dispute arises as to any bidding, or between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will have sole discretion to determine the successful bidder, or the disputed lot shall be offered again at the last undisputed bid and resold.
- Buyers are responsible for all items after knockdown.
ABSENTEE and TELEPHONE BIDS
- Briggs Auction accepts Absentee, and Telephone (live) bidding for our auctions.
- All Absentee and Telephone bids are executed in a competitive manner and have an equal chance of being successful as on-the-floor bids, yet do not take precedence over any bidding method.
- Absentee and Telephone bidding is a service we offer for the convenience of our customers. Although we make every effort to execute your bid(s), Briggs Auction is not liable for any errors or omissions.
- Telephone bids are available for all lots, on a first-come, first-served basis. Telephone bidders are also urged to provide a maximum back-up bid if the bidder is unreachable at the time the item comes up for sale.
- Absentee Bid Minimum is $20 for a general estate variety auction; $50 for catalog/special auctions.
- Telephone Bid Minimum is $100 for a general estate variety auction; $300 (or greater) for catalog/special auctions.
- Bidders may be required to provide a valid VISA or MasterCard and a deposit in order to bid.
- We will attempt to notify successful Absentee and Telephone bidders via email after the auction, or by telephone on Saturday following the auction for bidders who choose not to supply us an email address.
- If you submit a bid using our secure bid form, we will charge the credit card you submitted for the full invoice amount (hammer price + buyer’s premium and applicable sales tax) upon the completion of the auction.
If you have questions, please call 610.566.3138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bid: $10 – 100; Increment: $10
- Bid: $101 – 500; Increment: $25
- Bid: $501 – 1,000; Increment: $50
- Bid: $1,001 – 2,000; Increment: $100
- Bid: $2,001 – 5,000; Increment: $200
- Bid: $5,001 – 10,000; Increment: $500
- Bid: $10,001 – 20,000; Increment: $1,000
- Bid: $20,001 – 50,000; Increment: $2,000
- Bid: $50,001 – 100,000; Increment: $5,000
- Bid: $100,001 – ; Increment: $10,000
LIVE AUCTIONEERS/INVALUABLE REGISTRATION and BIDDING
- For auctions available for live, on-line bidding through Live Auctioneers and/or Invaluable, Bidders must register with Live Auctioneers and/or Invaluable directly.
- In order to be approved for bidding, Bidders may be asked to provide Briggs Auction with a valid VISA or MasterCard using our online Bid Submission Form, or by requesting a faxable form. Bidders may also be asked to provide a deposit prior to bidding.
- As a security measure, bidders agree that every card submitted is authorized for $1.00 to check that the card is valid.
- Bidders with registrations outside the U.S. agree that submitting their card approves a $1,000 authorization on the card. All authorizations are released within three days of the auction, but availability of funds may take up to 30 days, depending on your card’s terms.
BUYER’S PREMIUM and SALES TAX
- The Buyer’s Premium will be added to each successful bid. The buyer’s premium amount is stated on each applicable auction page.
- PA State Sales Tax (6%) will be applied to each sale, including the buyer’s premium, unless exempted by law. If exempt, you must present us with a valid tax exemption number, and complete our exemption form.
PAYMENT and REMOVAL OF ITEMS
- All items must be paid for the night of the auction if the bidder is attending the auction. Successful absentee/telephone bids must be paid for within one week of the auction (two weeks for catalog/special auctions).
- Auto Terms: A minimum 10% down-payment is required the day of the auction with the balance paid in full within one week of the auction, either in cash or by certified check.
- Auction Purchases may be paid with Cash, Approved Check, VISA, MasterCard, Debit, and Wire Transfer.
- Where applicable, Live Auctioneers direct payment is accepted for bids made through Live Auctioneers.
- All items must be removed from the showroom the night of the auction; we are not responsible for items left for later pickup. If you do leave items for later pickup, please inform a Briggs Auction, Inc. staff member, and please make every effort to remove the items by the Wednesday following the auction.
- All successful Absentee and Telephone bids items must be picked up and/or have shipping arrangements made within one week of the auction (two weeks for catalog auctions).
- If you submit your bid using our online form, you authorize Briggs Auction, Inc. to charge your credit card for all successful bids, including buyer’s premium and applicable sales tax immediately following the auction, unless you notify us in writing prior to the auction start time that you will be making alternate payment arrangements.
REMOVAL OF ITEMS/SHIPPING
- No item may be removed or will be shipped until full payment has been made.
- Merchandise pick-up hours:
Monday – Wednesday: 8am – 5pm*
Thursday: 8am – 7pm*
Friday: All-day, from 9am**
Saturday: 9am – 2:30pm
* Daily schedule is subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to verify hours before stopping by the Showroom.
**Third-party pick-ups on Fridays are available ONLY with prior approval of at least 48 hours.
- Briggs Auction, Inc. does not ship, however we are happy to help coordinate shipping with one of our preferred shippers.
- All shipping, packing, and handling costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
If you would like to make other shipping arrangements, please contact Briggs Auction.
QUESTIONS? / FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION